Infection Prevention Information
We take Infection Prevention extremely seriously here at the West Suffolk Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. We are committed to providing high quality patient care. We continually monitor infections and robustly take any action necessary to protect our patients. We work closely with our colleagues in the community where Clostridium difficile and Meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and other significant infections are also present.
You can help us when you visit our hospital sites by:
- Using the alcohol gel whenever you enter or leave our wards or departments:
- Washing your hands with soap and water when asked:
- Not visiting the hospital if you or someone at home is not feeling well:
- Please do not visit if you have any of the following symptoms: diarrhoea, vomiting, flu like symptoms.
- Respecting visiting times wherever possible, but remember the nurse in charge can make special arrangements for you:
- Not sitting on the patient’s bed when visiting:
Patient information leaflets are available covering:
Related documents and links to further information:
For more information please contact the Infection Prevention Team: Infection.email@example.com
Main Contact Numbers
Infection Prevention Services: 01284 713688/2786